Fisheye seems to be indexing commits multiple times

Dave Pacifico October 18, 2011

This is likely due to something specific with my setup and environment, but I figured I'd throw it on here in case anyone has any ideas. The issue seems to be that fisheye is reindexing old commits over and over again for seemingly no reason. I noticed this in 2 ways:

1. The incremental indexing can take a very long time (10-15 minutes), which causes delays in new commits showing up in Fisheye
  2. The bigger problem - once we started using SmartCommits, which we love, Fisheye/Crucible was creating many many reviews for one smart commit. It was clearly being processed multiple times. This caused me to eventually turn off Smart Commits until I could figure this out

We obviously have both Crucible and Fisheye and we have it connected to multiple Git repositories.

1 answer

1 vote
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2011

This was a bug relating to when certain internal events were fired and can occur when merging branches within git. This should be fix in the latest version of FishEye 2.7.x (currently 2.7.4).

Which version of FishEye are you experiencing this on? If you are on 2.7.4 I would suggest contacting support.atlassian.com so we can investigate further

Dave Pacifico October 18, 2011

I'm running 2.7.1. Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'll upgrade and vote up your answer if it fixes it. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events