How to add the JEditor plugin in On demand Jira

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi ,

I need to dispaly the issue description in rich text render style. I have to install the JEditor plugin in my hosted Jira but i can't plugin the JEditor in On demand Jira.

I given this below message as input in issue description through REST API,

<div class="ExternalClassB3F24BA5BD444C40BCD369E477A37468"><p>​Sample file : <a href="http://xxx/Value-2048378671.zip" style="font-family:'segoe ui', sans-serif;font-size:10pt">GetCalcualtedValue.zip</a></p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>Case 1 : </p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>1. Run the sample </p>
<p>2. clicke the button "Issue 1"</p>
<p>3. check the message box</p>
<p>Observed result : Value contain <span style="font-size:8pt">double quotes</span></p>
<p>expected result : value must be without <span style="font-size:8pt">double quotes.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt"><br /></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:8pt">Case 2 :</span></p>
<p></p>
<p>1. Run the sample </p>
<p>2. clicke the button "Issue 2"</p>
<p>3. check the message box</p>
<p>Observed result : Infinity<span style="font-size:8pt"></span></p>
<p>expected result : result should be "#DIV/0!"</p>
<div><span style="font-size:8pt"><br /></span></div>
<p></p></div>

How to achieve the JEditor rendering in Wiki style rederer. Please give some REST API example for Wikistyle render

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi,

Do you mean here that you want to put a Rich text in the issue description using REST API? If that is the case, I am afraid this is not possible in OnDemand as you can install any third party plugins.

Cheers,

Omar

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi Omar,

I have achieved the rich text reder style by using JEditor plugin in my "Hosted Jira", but i can't achieve this scenario in "On demand" Jira.

If it is possible in Wikistyle rederer using HTML macro, please give some examples. I need to give the above message as input to issue description through REST API

OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Suggest an answer