Last Comment Date

Tim Theis April 30, 2013

Is there a way to display/filter by the date of the last comment made on an issue? This would be used for status reporting for example. Thanks.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Theis May 6, 2013

It appears CCC already has this on the radar as an enhancement to the plugin... give your vote:

https://capitalplugins.atlassian.net/browse/LCCF-10?jql=text%20~%20%22date%22

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2013

Might be that issue's summary throws folks as there's no votes on it - from anyone, even people that recommend folks go vote on the issue. We love the idea and so we've done some voting of our own and decided to try and shoehorn it into our next release.

2 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hello Tim,

I think CCC Last comment plugin will help you to achieve that, you can download it from the following link:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.capitalcityconsultants.jira.plugins.customfields.ccc-lastcomment

As mentioned in their documentation, it shows you the name of the last user who commented and the date of the post. For further information, please refer to the plugin documentation:

https://capitalplugins.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LCCF/Home

Tim Theis April 30, 2013

Thanks for the feedback... yes, I did see this new feature on the CCC Last comment plugin. The problem is being able to filter/sort on the data. Our users want to utlize this for status reporting on issues and the issue last update date is not meeting the need, since it is changed anytime somethign is changed on the issue (status change, file attached, etc). For example - search for all issues commented in the past week... or find unresolved issues that have not been commented > 7 days.

0 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2014

Hey! We got the release out sooner than we'd thought we would...everyone happy.

...except for people really wanting to trick their search options out due to limitations in our first implementation of the search functionality.

We don't give the user an ability to identify 'what' they are searching for, only the ability to specify search terms that we then look for in the search index. The example I used to better illustrate the shortfall here is the following:

Imagine a user with username=dog, who's display name is 'Dog Gone', who is in a group named 'dog-bone' and a member of project role 'Dog Team 6' .... who happens to work at a dog Kennal using JIRA to track issues about, well, dogs.

Then a project manager at the dog kennel who wanted to see ONLY the issues where user=dog was the (most recent) comment author will be (extremely) frustrated as the word 'dog' is going to appear or be associated with just about every single issue in the system.

We know about this shortcoming and see it as a major flaw in our search implementation. However, we had to get a release out for JIRA 6.3 and the code, while flawed, does work.

For our next iteration we'll not get to the caddalic but we'll get there pretty soon - I see that as a drop down search form allowing users to identify what entity type they want to search for in the most recent comment, and adding in things like date support.

-wc

Was:

Tim,

It's probably not updated in our OnDemand roadmap but this feature is being actively worked on this week and we should have it released by end of this week or beginning of next.

-wc

CA Stukey September 19, 2015

NO everyone is not happy....you need this in the Cloud version too. I do not for the life of me know why it would be so difficult for Atlassian to enable a filter to search on at least "Comment last updated" so we could now when comments in a ticket were last updated. Seems you guys focus purely on the obvious technical implementation of the literal request, instead of trying to understand the business requirement / ask and then solving for that. Perhaps you all should get some 'BAs' on staff so that there is more collaboration between your users when they make a request to truly understand what the impetus is behind the request and then come up with a solution based on that.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tim Theis May 1, 2013

Thanks for the tip... was hoping to get the functionality without that additional cost, as it really seems like a logic fit for the CCC plugin. I also saw the JIRA Toolkit Plugin that provides some additional visibility, but unfortunately still does not provide the ability to filter/sort on it.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2013

Maybe what you want is JIRA Enahncer Plugin then? It has a "Last Commented Date" custom field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events