Is it possible to Auto-add comment to parent issue based on transition of subtask issue in OnDemand instances ?

David Griffin April 26, 2013

Is something similar possible for JIRA OnDemand users ?

We are looking forward to add a comment to the parent issue on resolve of a sub-task - but the "copy field value to parent issue" post function is not able to copy a comment so we started to look for a "workaround" but could not find a specific answer to our question regarding OnDemand instances yet.

3 answers

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Thank's @Harry Chan, this isn't available for OnDemand.

I haven't try the JIRA OnDemand version, i use instance in my local machine, but; I think that we can do it with javascript (in screen resolution) and REST-API (
/rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/comment

) http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/.

Good luck

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Hi, this isn't available for OnDemand. There are ways to do it using a downloable instance self or externally hosted.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2013

Hi,

you can do it with JJUPIN plugin scrip or jss (Jpython) scriptin or devlop your own plugin.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

Does this work for OnDemand though? It's restricted https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753

Suggest an answer