How to allow a user to have access to selected projects

Prateek Kumar April 15, 2013

Can I change user permissions so they can view selected projects? When I created these users, they were in "users" and "login-only" groups by default.

2 answers

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

Beside the project role configuration, you can always create an issue level security to control who can see individual issues within a project (subject to the project's permissions).

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Prateek, you can control who can see a project by the Browse project permission. You have to check which roles or groups are in that permission for that project and then check if the users are in those groups.

In my case, I use roles on the project permissions so I only need to see which roles are on Browse Project and then check which users are on those roles.

Hope this helps.

Prateek Kumar April 15, 2013

Thanks Ramiro - I was able to restrict user visibility to selected projects by adding them to a special group and letting those project be visible to that group. However I have to remove these users from the generic group "Users". The problem is that "Users" group has more than 200 members and I can't delete some users from this group. Any suggestions?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Prateek, by 'Users' group you mean 'jira-users'. This group is the default by JIRA, this means that all the users that need to have access to JIRA should be in this group (this can be configured in the global permissions). So there's no need to erase them from the group, a user can be in more than one group.

Suggest an answer