Does anybody know a plugin for adding values to a cascade select list?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hello,

Actually I have 5 customfield that are cascade select list type. I want to know if there's a way I can make possible to add values to the customfields to for example the role Developer.

Does anybody know how to achieve this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

In that case please have a look below issue link.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5749

2 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

Hi Ramiro,

I think you may looking for the same as below

I had same requirement to add thousands of values in cascade custom field, As this one as an emergency I directly added values in to the corrosponding DB, Its difficult add it manually eg.

insert into customfieldoption(id,customfield,customfieldconfig,parentoptionid,sequence,customvalue,disabled)values(10713,10300,10400,10300,1,'XXXX','N')

shahid mohammed April 10, 2013

Hi Onkar,

I am looking to try out the database option. what is the logic for the ID column ? i noticed that the ID is not sequential within the customfieldoption table.

Let me know

Thanks

Hi Onkar,

I am looking to try out the database option. what is the logic for the ID column ? i noticed that the ID is not sequential within the customfieldoption table.

Let me know

Thanks

Hi Onkar,

Let me know

Thanks

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

its just a unique sequence(PRIMARY KEY) , I think in that case you need to develop plugin out of database option.

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Hi Shahid,

Before you processed the above answers given on Apr 08 at 11:47 AM

Please have a look below issue currently I am facing becuase of missing couter table updation I face error in JIRA.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159471/i-got-the-issue-while-adding-values-in-custom-field-in-jira-few-days-ago-i-insert-values-directly-in-to-the-db

Please before you processed the steps you should aware of counter table i.e. sequence_value_item

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

Will you please elaborate more ?

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

I'll explain better.

Basically, what I need it's a way a 'normal' user can add values to a customfield from the Jira UI and not only the admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events