Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

required security token

Patrick J Bonk April 3, 2013

When adding a new page a user is getting this message and I wonder if we dont have a time-out somewhere not set correctly??

"Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in the request. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page."

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Can you start by asking that user to either flush their browser caches or try with a different browser because most likely this will be browser related. However, I also found this bug report related to the Confluence Linking plugin that appears to have exactly the same symptoms you are describing but I would expect this would affect all users: https://greenhouse.customware.net/jira/browse/LINK-214

If neither of these solutions resolve your issue then please open a ticket with Support, remembering to include a copy of your logs, and we will investigate this issue to see if we can find more pointers to what might be causing this behaviour.

All the best,
John

0 votes
Gbowe April 8, 2015

We have the same problem only over VPN. I did increase the timeout with no positive impact.

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

I guess if you try increasing the timeout value to 180, then restart the instance may work.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Adjust+the+Session+Timeout+for+Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events