Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resize edit window when editing a wiki page

Rusty Rusty April 1, 2013

Hi all,

When editing a wiki page, the edit window space on the page is very short and leaves a lot of empty space at the bottom of the browser window.

Is there a way to adjust the size of this editor window?

This is with Confluence 4.3.7. this behavior is exhibited in both Firefox 19.0.2 and IE10.

Thanks!

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rusty Rusty April 7, 2013

Reverting custom layouts to defaults has fixed this problem with the size of the editor window.

Now I just need to work on adding back in the layout customizations until I get the space/pages to look the way I want them.

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013
0 votes
Rusty Rusty April 8, 2013

I reset the theme to default, as well as resetting all of the various layouts to default. That fixed the problem. I was then able to add back in my customizations to 'Global layout' and 'page layout' without causing the problem with the editor window size.

However, when I added back in my customizations to 'Main layout' the problem reappeared. I have not yet identified the specific problem within the 'main layout' customizations that caused the problem, but at this point don't feel the need to re-add those customizations.

0 votes
RIsk April 8, 2013

@Peter Kramp, if you're saying changing the theme fixes this issue, it does not for me. I change the Space's theme from Documentation to Intranet and the issue did not go away!

0 votes
Deleted user April 7, 2013

We had a lot of these small editor after the upgrade from 4.3.x to confluence 5.0.x

There are two possibilities:

A personal space is affected, or a normal space is affected.

Personal space:

Navigate to https://confluence.<<your_domain>>/spaces/choosetheme.action?key=~<<your_short_name>>

replace <<your-short_name>> with your short name and then switch the theme ....

Normal space:

Navigate to: https://confluence.<<your_domain>>/spaces/choosetheme.action?key=<<space_name>>

replace <<space_name>> with the short space_name and switch the theme

After that, your editor will use the full page again.

0 votes
RIsk April 4, 2013

Update:

This is happening in Chrome (beta channel) but it behaves fine in IE and FF.

0 votes
RIsk April 4, 2013

This started happening to me too after upgrading Confluence from 4.2.2 to 5.1. I've attached a screenshot of the editor, please note the white space in the window under the editor.

Any suggestions?

0 votes
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Hi Rusty,

could you please provide a screenshot? I don't understand where you have whitespace. It should be no problem to achieve that with some CSS changes.

Cheers,

Stefan

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Hallo Rusty

The editor pane behaves much better in Confluence 5.0 and later. Are you able to upgrade to a new version?

Here's the item in the release notes, mentioning the new responsive design for the editor:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.0+Release+Notes#Confluence5.0ReleaseNotes-Editorimprovements

Cheers, Sarah

Rusty Rusty April 2, 2013

Hi Sarah,

upgrading to 5 is a possibility, but my preference would be to fix the current installation.

Can you tell me what steps would be involved in fixing this in 4.3.7?

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

Hallo Rusty

I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix it in 4.3.7, or even if it's possible. I hope someone else in the community can come up with the answer.

Cheers, Sarah

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events