How is user mapped to the avatar

Dennis Dam March 24, 2013

As an administrator of our jira installation i wan't to manage the avatars for our employees.

Is there a way to edit the content of the sql database so i can maintain the avatars?

I see the table 'avatar' and there is a filename mapped to the folder '..\Application Data\JIRA\data\avatars\'.

But how is the record in this avatar table related to the user in table 'cwd_user'? I do not see any id that is the reference. Or is it the avatar.owner column that reference the cwd_user.user_name column?

Than the question is, is Jira using the latest Avatar record? Because i see mulitple records in avatar table for one user.

And can i just add a record in the avatar table with some id? Or do i have to use a particular id?

2 answers

4 votes
Andrzej Warycha December 11, 2014

As for JIRA 6.3.* there are 4 tables: app_user, propertyentry, propertynumber, avatar

To display current avatars I use the following SQL query:

SELECT u.lower_user_name,a.*
  FROM app_user as u left join propertyentry as pe 
	on pe.entity_id=u.id
		left join propertynumber as pn on pe.id=pn.id
			left join avatar as a on a.id=pn.propertyvalue
  where 
	entity_name = 'ApplicationUser'  and property_key='user.avatar.id';

Deleted user September 14, 2017

thank you Andrzej

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2013

There are 4 tables involved here:

• propertyentry stored the association between user and the avatar. using "property_key=user.avatar.id" to search for the mapping
  • propertynumber stored the current avatar used
  • external_entities stored the username

Suggest an answer