Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples for AJS

Uwe Sauerbrei March 6, 2013

Hi,

I am looking for some examples how to use JavaScript (AJS) to do some calculations within Jira (add costs and so on)

Ok, I found some examples with JavaScript reading and writing custom fields. Each time AJS$.... had been used. What is it and where is this api described? I havent done that much with JS before, so my question, how to find some examples / turorials. :-)

Thanks, Uwe

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

10 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2013

AUI and AJS are the same thing. AJS is the Javascript part of AUI.

There is no documentation about AJS as an "API": You may be able to access some information of the page using AJS but it is limited to the displayed page. AJS does not perform REST calls to, say, search for issues or list the users.

When you find an AJS method which seems interesting, the best documentation is the code and the headers of the javascript files. You can download the source by going to my.atlassian.com.

Here's most of the examples of using AJS, and they are mostly about displaying widgets:

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2013

Very complete answer to what I see as a common question/need. Thanks Nicolas.

Uwe Sauerbrei March 10, 2013

Thanks for this list!

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2013
0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2013

I've done all my custom scripting from services to listeners to post-fuctions with groovy and Script Runner. Before you head down the road of javascript, give this plugin a look:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Uwe Sauerbrei March 10, 2013

I started with script runner but the current version has a memory leak which ends up in a OutOfMemory exception for PermGen and kills the server finally.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

More context please..

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events