cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence live search for external knowledge bases

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

Hi,

We are using Askbot as a knowledge base app and I wonder if it possible to search that database as well with the Confluence live search macro (or similar)

With our current roll-out of Confluence, information is now growing in two places and it would be extremely valuable if it is possible to have one "global" search engine for both these databases.

I know that Atlassian Answer in built on something similar (QSQA) so maybe there is some neat integration available.

Rgrds,

// Svante

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hello Svante,

Being honest with you is not so common this kind of configuration and unfortunately is not possible to search in Askbot using Confluence as a integrated search, even a plugin that could perform a kind of integration between these two applications is not available yet.

So if you want to perform this kind of integrated search then you'll have to perform a customization in your Confluence and probably this would require some development. To customize your Confluence I would suggest you to make a contact with one Atlassian Expert, that probably will be able to analyze your environment and see if it would be possible to integrate Confluence and Askbot, you can contact them by the following:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Hope this helps.

Regards,

LJ.

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2013

Yes, thnx! I will look into this more in detail! The functionality is definitely valuable so it may be feasable to develop something here!

Luana da Silva Machado August 23, 2023

Is it possible with JIRA?

I imported some data from Jira to Confluence, but I cannot seem to find a solution for the search functionality. I created tons of filters, but it is still a workaround.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events