Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when new confluence user sign up and logged in, is said not permitted

Stanley Zhang February 22, 2013

When new user in my company sign up for a new confluence accout and when they logged in, it said "not permittent" at the top of the screen. I know they have the right password, because it shows their name at the top of the page. This happen to 2 of my newest user. And I verified that I have enough license.

What is the solution?

4 answers

1 vote
Ghnomia March 18, 2014

Stanley, could you please share with us how ecatly you solved the problem? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

Serena

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013
What about opening a new topic? Feel free to accept the answer if it was helpful and open up a new request to reach more possible helpers by showing the related info in the questions summary ;)
0 votes
Stanley Zhang February 27, 2013

I figured it out. The global setting and permission setting seems to changed after the confluence software upgrade. with your help and some reading I've got it figured out now.

However, I do have a second question. Is there a way to assign the space permission to all spaces? Instead of going to every single space and grant the permission. I do have a lot of spaces on my wiki.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2013
What about global permissions. Are the new users in the correct group that is permitted?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2013

Assuming it's the dashboard, the not-permitted here means that the users do not have the right to use Confluence. The login process lets them authenticate, but if they don't have "use confluence", then their login knowa that they won't be permitted to do anything

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events