Bug, Story and Epic issue types are not part of standardIssueTypes() function results

Philippe Robichaud February 19, 2013

Bug, Story and Epic issue types are not part of standardIssueTypes() function results, what is causing this? In the issue navigator, querying this "issuetype in (standardIssueTypes())" is not showing any Bug, Story nor Epic.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2013

There is a bug with the standardIssueTypes() functionality, where if using Issue Types that are an integer they can conflict with the ID of existing Issue Types. This will subsequently cause the JQL function to return improper results.

I raised a bug for this under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31811.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2013

Do you have any issues that are Bugs Stories or Epics that the filter returns if you remove the "standard issue type" clause from the search?

Philippe Robichaud February 19, 2013

Yes, I get all of them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2013

Hmm, could you screen-shot the issue navigator for us? Just a couple of lines showing a bug, story or epic and the column for issue type, key and summary?

This really does sound like a bug though, I've just got a nagging doubt which a picture would completely rule out.

Also, one other wild thought - do you have the "structure" plugin installed? I can't imagine it would be causing this, but it's the only plugin I can think of that might have a reason to affect the navigation filters. (Actually, do you have any 3rd party plugins installed?)

Philippe Robichaud February 20, 2013

Here you go...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2013

Ah, thanks. That rules out the (unlikely) problem I was thinking of.

I think this one probably needs to be raised with Atlassian - I can't see any reason why pharma-13454 and 13455 are not in the second result-set - they definitely should be.

David Grierson March 24, 2014

Philippe/Nic - did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

We appear to be experiencing the same thing within one of our projects when using JIRA Agile.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2014

Bug fix was implemented in Jira 6.0

We're seeing the issue in JIRA version 6.1.7 with JIRA Agile version 6.3.8.1.

This has been raised as support issue JSP-188401.

Philippe Robichaud March 24, 2014

David, would you have any issue type names (or status) that are Integer? That was the source of the problem on my end. See this as a reference https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31898.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2014

Let us know how it goes (we can't see other people's JSP issues)

Philippe Robichaud March 24, 2014

No confidential info in this JSP issue, here is a summary:

Naming a Status or Issue Type as an integer causes problems with the JQL in JIRA, breaking several areas

Type:Bug Bug

Priority:Minor Minor

Resolution: Unresolved

Affects Version/s:

Fix Version/s: None

Component/s: None

Labels:None

Created:01/Mar/13 1:50 AM

Updated:09/Sep/13 11:58 PM

Summary

A Status or Issue Type as an integer messes up the way JIRA uses JQL and returns results. This presents in GreenHopper and also in JQL functions such as standardIssueTypes().

Environment

Ubuntu 11.04

PostgreSQL 9.1

GreenHopper 6.1.3.2

Steps to Reproduce

Create a sample issue with a status of "Open".

Search for that issue with the following JQL:

issuekey = DERPIDO-1 and status = 1

issuekey = DERPIDO-1 and status = "1"

Add a status or issue type as an integer, for example 1. This is easy as it conflicts with "Open".

Search again using the above - the behaviour for "1" will change.

This also happens for Issue Types.

Expected Results

JIRA would either:

Present an error about conflicting Status/Issue Types.

Restrict users from being able to create Status/Issue Types that were an integer due to conflicting.

Actual Results

Nothing is returned as there are no issues with a status of "1".

Notes

Presented in several places so have raised a bunch of bugs for it.

No - I'm afraid none of our issues types have a number in them let alone just that as their name.

Over to the support guys with this unfortunately :-(

Suggest an answer