How can I label a closed issue?

Taylan Aydinli October 1, 2011

Hi,

I want to be able to label a closed issue. We have a bunch of closed issues and I want to label them all without reopening, editing and closing each one.

I tried creating a custom transition which starts and ends at the Closed step. Unfortunately I have to select the 'Default Screen' to be able to edit the label field and I'd much rather be able to simply edit the labels of an issue.

I've been looking at all the documentation that I could find and also Googled like crazy but I just couldn't see any way to do this. It would be extremely convenient if I could only enable the label action for a closed issue.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2011

There's a couple of things here.

First, your transition of Closed -> Closed could work better - create a new "screen" with just the label field on it and use that in the transition instead of the default screen.

Second, if you look at the workflow step "closed" and check it's properties, you'll find a flag in there that is blocking your edits. Removing it would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it also re-enables all other editing actions, so it may not be suitable.

Taylan Aydinli October 1, 2011

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I didn't want to remove the editable flag because it would enable all editing as you have also mentioned.

I didn't know how to create a custom screen. I've found how to do that now. A custom screen with only the label field will to exactly what I want.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer