Greenhopper rapid board is blank for some users on Internet 9

Guy L Winterbotham February 13, 2013

Having configured Rapid Boards for a team of about 90, many find the Rapid board does not render in IE 9. For those allowed to run firefox or chrome, the problem does not occur.

The Ondemand site is not in their compatibility list. I have turned off the feedback plugin which was causing issues in firefox.

The reason I need to solve is that one group provides support via laptops that are locked down and don't have access to alternate browsers.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Interesting idea. If we can't change whatever setting is killing off the Javascript and they are able to download add ins I'll report back.

John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

It's crazy, but it just might work.

So I uploaded the screen capture of a person with the issue (in another state so I don't have access to their laptop). The sample is from the Manage boards page. I tested turning off Javascript. and got the following error along with the " Manage Baords" content below it. The piture above however does not show the Javascript is off error so I'm thinking it is something more sutle:

Either you have JavaScript disabled or your browser does not support JavaScript. To work properly, this page requires JavaScript to be enabled.

0 votes
Guy L Winterbotham February 14, 2013

We think this was location or laptop specific. In the end it was easier to go through channels to have firefox installed.

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

As the RapidBoard is a whole bunch of JS, it is prudent to have security settings that will accomodate this. To make sure your group policy or other settings don't interfere with this, try this:

install a fresh new copy of Win 7 from CD to a computer

upgrade directly to IE9

retry

That makes sense but per my problem statement the affected laptops are locked down so I can't perform the experiment you suggest but maybe I can survey the user based to get to a pattern of those who have and don't have the problem. Then I will play spot the difference in the browser settings.

0 votes

This is a copy of the support ticket. It's an OnDemand Instance so not much else I can do. Surprised it is not more common. I expect it will be some setting common to the image of the laptops distributed to a portion of the my user community by their vendor. The image from the support ticket but all the nav elements are there just nothing below the primary nav common to all JIRA pages.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

Forgive me if I joke, but you cannot put toghether in a phrase "rapid" and "IE".

My advice is to do a little bit of debug, and report the problem to support ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events