Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Answers Developer Questions
  • Questions
  • I cannot attach a file to an issue collector when using IE9, I keep getting "Unknown Server Error". Firefox and Chrome work fine, but IE won't allow me to attach a file. Is there any way to remedy this situation?

I cannot attach a file to an issue collector when using IE9, I keep getting "Unknown Server Error". Firefox and Chrome work fine, but IE won't allow me to attach a file. Is there any way to remedy this situation?

Joseph Shinkle February 6, 2013

Whenever I try to attach a file in IE9, the text box is grayed out, but in FF and chrome that is not the case. FF and chrome can attach the file while IE9 will not.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2013

Try to disable the "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" in the IE9 configuration setting. If it's successfully attached, you are affected by a new bug reported at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31719

1 vote
Intel CHD Jira Admin February 7, 2013

We have the same problem. Here is the support issue: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-149418.

This
can be reproduced in an out-of-the-box windows jira installation:

# Download jira 5.2.5 windows installer.
# Install on windows 7 PC with internal DB.
# Create a project and issue collector with attachments field.
# Create HTML page using collector.
# Open page in IE 9.
# Click on link.
# Add file attachment.

I expect that Atlassian will take this seriously and solve the problem, now that there are clear steps to repoduce it. :)

-David

0 votes
Joseph Shinkle February 7, 2013

version 5.1

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2013

May I know you're running which jira version?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events