Can I copy project settings?

Pam Peters February 5, 2013

I want to create a new project with all the same Issue Types, Workflows, Components, Users, etc. Is there a way to copy all these settings into a new project? I can't seem to find an option for this...?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

6 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

You may like to try the Script Runner plugin. Use the Copy Project functionality under the Built-In Scripts and this would create a new project based on existing project by copying the following -

• All Schemes
  • Roles
  • Custom fields
  • Version/s and Component/s [Optional]
  • Issues and Attachments of the exisiting project [Optional]

Hope this helps you!

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

You can't currently install plugins in OnDemand, so this would not be a viable solution. For those using the downloaded product, however, this might work.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

@Dave - True! But I don't see this question tagged with on-demand label, please let me know how did you find that this question is for JIRA OnDemand.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

@Naren, sorry about that! When I originally saw the post it had the ondemand tag (I'm subscribed to the OD tags only, and I came here through an email). Awesome that the plugin will solve the issue :)

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

OK Dave, thanks for explaining that. Now you may also like to vote up the answer as well! ;) :)

Dave
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2013

Haha, I tried but got an error, I'll try again later :)

Bhupesh Nagda August 3, 2014

hi,

But script runner will only copy it locally, I want to move project from staging to production instance.
:( it's a lot of rework

Martin Gregory November 19, 2017

Does ScriptRunner still support this?

I had a look at the doco, couldn't see anything telling me it has a canned "copy project" function.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2017

Yes, it's retained support for all the stuff Jamie added over the years.

4 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2013

Hi there

Currently, I am afraid that this is not possible to be done in JIRA.

However, there is already an improvement request raised regarding on this : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7020

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher to receive any latest updates from the developers and feedback from other users as well.

Cheers

The linked ticket is very old, and appears to be being stalled by Atlassian.

3 votes
kian kiaee May 5, 2016

Still no solution. 2016?

Still no solution.  2017.

Like Laurent Quevedo likes this
1 vote
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2015

There is a plugin in the Marketplace called Project Configurator:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator

that lets you copy a project and all its schemes, roles, custom fields, workflows, etc. from one JIRA instance to another. You can view full documentation for the plugin at http://awnaba.atlassian.net/wiki.

(Disclaimer: I am involved in the plugin development)

Server only :(

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events