Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I customize the subject line for notification emails?

Deleted user February 5, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to customize/change the subject line for emails sent out through notifications, mainly the 'Confluence Changes in the last 24 hours'. I'm trying to remove/reword it but am lost for where to change that.

I've researched around and came to a conclusion that it's located in a properties file, as I found the subject line adjustment for the 'Recommended' notifications email in the confluence-daily-summary-4.3.3.jar/atlassian-plugin.properties.

I'm not a programming expert in any way so a simpliest solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2013

Hi Vincent,

The same question was also asked here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/61466/is-it-possible-to-change-the-subject-of-notification-emails-sent-from-confluence

The short answer is that you will need to customise the source code of Confluence in order to do this for every email sent from Confluence, so some familiarity with Java programming would be required.

The question I linked to also provides an alternative solution, where the SMTP server that Confluence sends messages through can be configured to change the outgoing mail messages from Confluence.

Hope this helps,
Joe.

Deleted user February 6, 2013

Hi Joseph, thanks for the response, got it in the ConfluenceActionSupport.properties file in the confluence-4.3.3.jar.

Thanks!

Rekha Bhaskaran October 25, 2015

how to customize the subject line only for a particular project in jira? is there a way for this ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events