Query for issues for user activity.

MayBe January 24, 2013

I would like to query for tickets where the user has edited a field, changed the status or added a comment inside the last 2 days.

Is this possible? Can I query for a user's name inside an issues activity list and limit by a certain period?

If its possible please add an example query.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

You won't find all of this as part of native JQL, you'll either have write your own JQL functions or could try a SQL query and get some information

here's an example query which would cover issue changed by a named user after a given date

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA#ExampleSQLqueriesforJIRA-Findallissueschangedbyauserafteracertaindate

SELECT DISTINCT(j.id) FROM jiraissue j, changegroup g
WHERE j.id = g.issueid
AND g.author = '<user name>'
AND g.created > '<date>';

I assume the SQL is still valid with the current schema.

Give the script runner plugin a look as well.

MayBe January 27, 2013

I like the first impression of the script runner plugin, perhaps i can run your query with it?!

Torge_Husfeldt February 14, 2020

Looks like the link is broken, I get `Page Not Found`

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

what about sth. like

updated >= startOfDay(-2d)

Returs the issues that have been updated during the last 2 days.

Cheers Christian

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

It's good but only getspart of the query, it could be updated by anyone. You can use the "changed" keyword for status to make sure it's changed by the right person but not for comment. Depending onthe named field you *might* be able to sue changed but it's a short list of supported fields.

You could always use the script runner plugin to write a custom JQL function

Like viktoriia likes this

Suggest an answer