how to customize assign screen ?

fabby January 24, 2013

my jira version is 4.4.1

i need to add 'Due date' field on the "Assign" screen.but i can't find the option to do this.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013
fabby January 27, 2013

hi Renjith,

how can i disable the default Assign operation? i don't know which System Plugin has the assign-issue module ?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Fabby,

Go to System Plugins, Expand "Issue Operations Plugin" and disable "View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link" which is same as "assign-issue" which Jobin mentioned.

Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2014

This is located in Administration > Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > Change 'User Installated' to 'System'.

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hi Chen,

usually its a permission given to a group in the respective project that lets them see it.If you want to hide it remove or modify the permission as it suits your requirement.Should help.

fabby January 27, 2013

Issue Operations Plugin in system plugin, .

View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link

(assign-issue)

fabby January 27, 2013

yes,it also affect all projects.but Assign Issues and Assignable User Permission is still useful,i just hide the default Assign Option,and use Assign transtion in workflow instead

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

But wouldnt it also disable the same for the users in other projects(who may need it) and be a problem later on

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Did this help?

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hi Chen,

Do u want to disable the assign tab that u see as default on the jira page--i mean the issue.

fabby January 27, 2013

hi,sap

i just to hide the default assign option on issue page,because i have add assign transition to workflow.there may be duplicate

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Hi Chen,

I agree with Renjiths option.I misunderstood your requirement.You can do this as he said by making the assign as a part of your workflow.

Regards,

sap

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Hi Chen,

The field can be added to the screen that you have associated with this project.

Regards,

sap

fabby January 24, 2013

hi Sap,

are you sure?

this Assign Screen is not like the Create,Edit,Resolve or Close..workflow screen ,it is not configurable. i.e. can not add system or custom field on the screen.

Suggest an answer