How can you prompt for information before displaying the create screen

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

On the Atlassian Support site, when you create a ticket, you are first prompted to enter your SEN, then prompted for the rest of the information. Does anyone know how that is being done?

Also on the create, it is using the full size of your browser window, rather than the pop-up. Does anyone know how that is being done?

Basically I am trying to mimic the same behaviour on our own support system.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Jobin's solution is definitely the easiest, as the Atlassian Support implementation involves a custom interceptor that checks for any url matching the "Create Issue" screen and hooks into that. Here is the servlet-filter straight from the source:

atlassian-plugin.xml:

<servlet-filter name="SEN Create Issue interceptor"
                    key="servlet-filter" class="com.atlassian.support.crm.filters.SENCreateIssueInterceptor"
                    location="before-dispatch" weight="200">
       <url-pattern>/secure/CreateIssue*</url-pattern>
       <url-pattern>/secure/QuickCreateUserIssue*</url-pattern>
       <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
   </servlet-filter>

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Thanks Dennis. I'll play and see if I can get it to work.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

For the first part, I am guessing they might have a plugin that does the redirection. For the second part, check this out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+disable+Create+Issue+popup

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Thanks for the info Jobin. That looks like it will do exactly what I need. I'll try it tomorrow, when I'm in the office.

I am still hoping that someone from Atlassian will see this post and have a simple answer for how to solve the first part of my query as well. I suppose that I could use the behaviours plugin and hide all the fields until our equivalant of the SEN is entered, and then once that field has data, make the other fields visiable. Its a bit of a pain, but it may work. I think. Atlassian, please make my day and tell me that you are doing something simple in your system, and oh ya, here is how you implement it. :)

Suggest an answer