Assign an issue based on Radio Button Selection (Groovy)

Michel Marcoux December 23, 2012

Hi,

I want to create a Groovy script that will automatically assigne an issue to a specific person depending on the value selected in a custom field (Radio Button type)

ex:

if Radio Button Option 1 is selected upon jira ticket creation, it will assign automatically to Mike
if Radio Button Option 2 is selected upon jira ticket creation, it will assign automatically to Paul
if Radio Button Option 3 is selected upon jira ticket creation, it will assign automatically to Robert

etc...

I'm a beginner in groovy, can someone give me a basic code that will help me to acheive that?

thnx in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

I assume you want to do this while performing a workflow transition. In this case you have to create a Script Post Function.

Within this Script Post Function you can use a switch statement (http://groovy.codehaus.org/Logical+Branching) to test the value of the Radio Button custom field and change the assigne to the desired user.

To get the value of the custom field:

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
def cfManager = ComponentManager.instance.customFieldManager
def cfRadioButton = cfManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Name of RadioButton CF'}
String cfValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfRadioButton).getValue()

To get the user needed and change the assignee:

issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('userlogin'))

You should add appropiate error checking to your code...

Henning

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events