Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove Priority,Resolution,Labels?

Suresh December 18, 2012

Hi All,

I have not added Priority,Resolution,Labels fileds to the createIssue screen even though they are displaying after creation of issue.Requirement won't show this fileds after creation of issue.

Thanks,

9 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

For system fields like priority you have to hide the fields in the corresponding field configuration.

I'm not sure if this works for resolution too.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

If I am not wrong this will also hide them from the create issue screen

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Yes, but in my opinion the question was to remove the field from the issue view.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Ah ok, fields should be there (with default values) but not displayed while viewing the issue. Ok, than my answer is not correct. I don't know a way to achieve this.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2012

you still got 2 vote ups ... lucky :)

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2015

For those asking the question again recently, the answer remains "Hide priority in the field configuration"

If it is not hidden in the field configuration, then it will always appear on issue view, even if you remove it from all the screens.  Because if you don't hide it, then you need it.  But only if it has a value (so if you remove it from all create/edit/transtion screens, then the users will not be able to set it to anything)

Girish Jagdale June 26, 2018

Hi Nic,

This explanation solved my issue really to hide a built-in field from screen.

But then another question comes to my mind.

It makes sense for built-in fields to make hidden as they get displayed by default if we don't hide. BUT why custom field need to be hidden if they can be removed from screen itself?

Is it to enable same screen to be used in other project with some fields hidden (that might not be required there) with use of field configuration that sets those fields as hidden?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2018

The hiding is subtly different from "not being on screen".  A field that is hidden does not get searched.

Imagine you have a number field called "Fred".   It is valid for project X, issue type Y, and three issues have values of 5, 7 and 11.   If you remove it from all the screens, you can still do things like search for "Fred is not empty order by Fred asc" and you'll get the three issues.  If Fred is hidden, even though the data is there, a search will not return any issues.

Although, personally, I would prefer to simplify this - my instinct is to throw away "field configurations" and set the mandatory and renderer flags on each individual screen.  You wouldn't need the "hide" function at all.  This makes workflows more simple as you're not messing with validators, and keeps it all in one place for the admins.

Like Bertrand Schmitt likes this
Girish Jagdale June 27, 2018

Hi Nic, I'd also prefer not to go for hidden but for built-in fields, do we have any option apart from hiding them that doesn't display it on screen?

Sorry if you've already answered this above.

2 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2014

Be careful you don't run into this if you hide priority: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30093

Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2016

Not only the priority field but the resolution as well.

1 vote
NEGAR JALALIAN February 5, 2015

Hi , any one has found the solution how to remove the "priority " from the main issue while it hasn't been configured in any of screen ?

1 vote
Rahul K August 28, 2013

Hi,

Did you get a solution for this? I need to remove the Priority field from my Screens. I have removed it from the Create, Edit and View screen of my project. While creating, the Priority field is correctly not displayed, but once the issue is created, it is visible on the Issue View.

Rahul K August 28, 2013

I was able to resolve this by hiding the field in my Field Configuration.

Dawn Fama December 12, 2013

Unfortunately some of my projects want the priority view but even though my screen is not listed for this field it still shows. If I hide the field it will hide for all projects

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

You would need to have a couple of different field configurations, one that has priority, one that has priority hidden.

I would not hide the resolution field as too much of JIRA depends on that. Labels, priority are fine. You could have a workflow that sets the resolution when the issue is closed so you don't need to give your users the choice

Also, one of the project reports "Unresolved: By Priority" shows an error if you hide Priority I seem to recall

Dawn Fama December 12, 2013

You are the bomb dot com Matt, editing the field configuration scheme then field configuration to hide priority did the trick. Thank you so much!!

0 votes
Jay Williams March 5, 2015

ugh, I did eventually figure out what @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] was saying about hiding the field instead of just removing. I had never done that before. I will say, however, that it did work on hiding priority field from issues but not from Kanban agile boards. It still shows there. Any way to remove it from there as well?

For this wondering about removing the field, try this: #.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewIssueFields.jspa and then hide priority field, then reindex

Jay Williams March 5, 2015

If anyone is curious, it will only remove the field on Kanban for issues going forward, not looking back. It will remove from Jira instantly.

Jay Williams March 6, 2015

also, from Atlasssian, not a bad workaround that works "Since "Priority" is a System Field and is required, I would recommend another approach to hiding the fields. What you can do is create a new Priority and name this new priority "None", assign it the color white (#ffffff) and for the image url, use a transparent gif (example: http://twinpine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/transparent_gif.gif)."

0 votes
l February 15, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the update.

it didn't help. Even i have hidden it from field config. still filed is present.

Regards,

Anila

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2015

Does it have a value as well?

Dawn Fama February 16, 2015

Is it marked as a required field? You can always make a copy of the priority field and give the copy a new name like "importance or urgency" and use that field in it's place. Also try restarting the service after you make your changes. Priority is a global field.

0 votes
l February 15, 2015

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

I too have this question.

How to remove the "priority " from the main issue while it hasn't been configured in any of screen ?

Regards,

Anila

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

You will need to remove these fields from the edit screen and transition screen (All screens associated to the project/workflow).

Suresh December 18, 2012

I have removed from all configured screens.But still appearing.

what might be the reason?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2012

Bear in mind that if you remove the resolution field, you'll not be able to set it, so Jira will report issues as "open" no matter what you do with them

Suresh December 18, 2012

even for Lable and Priority also?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

@suresh ... Check the field configuration associated to your project .. identify the screens and recheck if the fields are there .. The fields wont appear if they are not on the screen .

Also confirm if the resolution field is to be removed ... Or you can have the resolution field only on the resolution screen

Suresh December 18, 2012

please find those fileds are appearing after creation of issue

Suresh December 18, 2012

Even in field configuration also those fileds are not associated to screens.

Yes i removed resolution filed already.But still there.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

If the fields are not on screens then they wont appear .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2012

I assume you wanted to post a screen shot?

Could you at least tell us what version of Jira you are using, where the fields appear when you look at the new issue. Check your screen schemes (check you are looking at the right "view" screen) and field configuration schemes (are you sure you've hidden the fields for that project/issue-type?)

(By the way, you've said "Even in field configuration also those fileds are not associated to screens." which is nonsense because field configurations are not linked to screens. That's why I ask you to check everything carefully)

Suresh December 18, 2012

jira 5.1.8version

While creating an issue i don't have fileds Priority,Resolution,Lables.

After creation issue: Priority,Resolution,Lables is filled with default values.So for the requirement it should not shown those fields.

No i have not hidden the fileds for the project/issue type.Because those should be coming in resoultion screen or workflow screen.So if user selected the values to this filed then it should be show.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events