Is there any JIRA plugin that can send JIRA tasks to outlook tasks?

Nibhond Wisetdee December 12, 2012

hi

Developers in our company usually receive outlook email from everywhere they work. But, they can access JIRA only inside company network.

It would be great if the manager can send JIRA tasks to the team member via outlook email. And the JIRA tasks appear in outlook as tasks.

Thanks in advance!

Nibhond

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

You may interested to see this one:https://www.xobni.com/gadgets/jira

0 votes
Nibhond Wisetdee January 8, 2013

Thx u all for answers

Sorry, that I haven't acept this answers by your email yet. Because, the decision in our company hasn't been making up over x'mas holiday.

But, I will do research and report u soon, if I really have to implement the outlook plugin to send tasks to JIRA. First I will recommend my manager Renjith's Solution.

thanks again

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

Sending tasks from Outlook to JIRA is as simple as creating an email handler and having the assignee in Cc.

But the reverse requires some kind of a plugin to send mails in Tasks format to the user. I am guessing that this is going to make life more tougher for you with two way sync to be implemented from Outllook back to JIRA. Instead Vicky's recommendation is better for this, you need to open up JIRA ports to be accessed externally or provide VPN access to employees.

Suggest an answer