Confluence Site Backup and Restore, Stuck on Starting...

Bristow December 2, 2012

I'm currently trying to migrate my test version of confluence to another machine by using the back up and restore method out lined in the wiki, and when I try to do setup from restore it hangs on just starting. The only clue I have is the 'error on page' indication in the bottom left hand corner. Please see the screenshot below.

Key points in my scenario are;
Moving to the same OS
I'm currently on the trial version
I'm going from confluence 4.3.1 to 4.3.3
I'm also switching databases from postgre SQL to mysql
My xml back up file is 6.5mb

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hello There,

Analyzing your scenario per your description I would like to comment some points with you in order to try to help:

* As you're on the version 4.3.1 it's recommended to firstly migrate to the same version and after upgrade your instance from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3, the upgrade steps are the following:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

* Another option to migrate your Confluence to another server running the same OS would be the following approach:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

I hope this helps, if you need more assistance I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at our support.atlassian.com and so we will provide a better assistance to your case to solve your problem.

Best Regards,

LJ.

0 votes
Luca Colonnese November 28, 2016

Getting the same symptom upgrading test environment from 5.8.6 to 6.0.1. Going on a week of trial and error now. Anyone able to resolve this?

0 votes
Bristow December 6, 2012

In order to get it to work I used a mix of Luis and Muhammad's advice.

I marked Luis answer as correct as I feel the issue was the fact I was going from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 but surprised a version check isn't applied when trying to restore.

So for anyone with the same problem as me I've installed the same version as before (4.3.1) , then installed an empty version of confluence, restored from the admin section with my newly created admin account and it worked.

0 votes
MuhammadU December 2, 2012

It would be better if you install confluence first, then upload the backup from admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events