Custom reporting and retrieving Jira data

Mojisola Koretimi September 12, 2011

Please i need help with generating custom report. I want to be able to generate my custom report by getting the Jira data into Crystal report. I noticed that the tables am seeing isn't what i want. How do i get my custom fields and tables in the appropriate format? so that i can now manipulate the data in crystal report. Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Richard Sigrist September 16, 2013

Is there a database diagram (schema diagram) available for Jira. I would like to use Crystal Reports with an ODBC connection to the data base. Anyone done this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2013

The link in the Answer I gave earlier is still valid.

I'd like to add that if you have a medium sized or above Jira (>100k issues, or a decent swathe of users), then it's worth avoiding a direct connection - your backup or failover solution should really involve database replication, and you should be looking to use a read-only account on the replicated copy rather than the production system.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2011

Suggest an answer