cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence - Identifying all the Space Administrators

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2012

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way (plugin/s, macro/s, .. ) that could help quickly identyfy all Space Administrators in Confluence instance..

I am aware that this could be done using some scripts, but I am looking more for a OOTB or easy solution that will give me a list on a Confluence page. (Information about administrators as a result need to be available for all users to quickly identify who is responsible for a specific space without asking global Confluence Admins) ..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2013

Hi all,

I was able to create a simple user macro that resolve my problem. It is listing all non personal spaces that could be expanded to view current space administrators (excluding confluence administrators). It is working fine on smaller instances.. not sure how long it will render on larger one..

Maybe someone will want to use it also on his own instance, so I am pasting the source code. If you have any comments or suggestions/improvements add a comment or please let me know direcly

## Macro title: Space Administrators
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: Mirek
## Date created: 06/12/2012
## Installed by: Mirek
## Macro to display a list of user that are able to administer the current space.
## @noparams

#set($containerManagerClass = $content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod = $containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager = $getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext = $containerManager.containerContext)
##set($users = $userAccessor.getUsers())

#set($pageManager=$containerContext.getComponent('pageManager'))
#set($spaceManager=$containerContext.getComponent('spaceManager'))

#set($spaceList=$spaceManager.getAllSpaces())

<h2>List of all space administrators</h2>  

#foreach($s in $spaceList)

#if( $s.isPersonal() )
   #else  

<ac:macro ac:name="expand">
    <ac:default-parameter>$s.getName()</ac:default-parameter>

<ac:rich-text-body>

<br />     
    <table>
    <tr>
      <th>Space Administrators $s.getKey()</th>
    </tr>
    #foreach($u in $spaceManager.getSpaceAdmins($s))
    <tr>
      <td>#usernameLink($u.name)</td>
    </tr>
    #end
   </table>
   <br /> 

</ac:rich-text-body>
   </ac:macro>

#end
#end
</ul>

Best Regards,

Mirek

1 vote
Szymon Bartkowiak November 29, 2012
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2012

Hi Szymon,

Thank you!

I have quickly tested those solutions but is not yet ideally what I am looking for.. Both solutions give ability to show administrators but in different ways. First is showing individual users and groups.. Second one all administrators that have this permission (including Confluence Space administrators) ..The problem is that I need to add this macro on a specific space to see who is an administrator. If a user want to contact admin because for example he do not have permissions to view the space then this information is useless for him.

Ideally I want to have a macro that will show on different space a list of all spaces including list of administrators that are not Confluence Admins.

Regards,

Mirek

Like Christophe likes this
0 votes
Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Here is my macro to return all non-personal spaces as well as their administrators.  It is optimized as much as i can at this time so that it doesn't take over my confluence instance like the solution provided at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+Do+I+View+a+List+of+All+Space+Administrators+for+All+Spaces

This is a much more streamlined approach:

## Macro title: Space Administrators
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: Andrew Frayling
## Modified by: Adam Barylak
## Date created: 21/03/2012
## Date modified: 7/23/2017
## Installed by: <your name>
## Macro to display a list of space administrators
## @noparams
#set($containerManagerClass = $content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod = $containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager = $getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext = $containerManager.containerContext)
#set($spaces = $spaceManager.getAllSpaces())
<table class="aui aui-table-interactive">
<tr>
<th class="confluenceTh">Space</th><th class="confluenceTh">Administrator(s)</th>
</tr>
#foreach($spacer in $spaces)
#if (!$spacer.isPersonal())
<tr>
<td class="confluenceTd"><a href="$req.contextPath/display/$spacer.key">$spacer.name</a></td><td class="confluenceTd"><ul>
#set($administrators = $spaceManager.getSpaceAdmins($spacer))
#foreach($admin in $administrators)
<li>#usernameLink($admin.name)</li>
#end
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
#end
#end
</table>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders