Hi,

In Confluence 3.5, we linked to headings on the same page in the following way:

The following panels may be configured to display in the Patient Summary: 
* [#Demographics]
* [#Allergies & Alerts]
* [#Encounter History]
* [#Medication History]
* [#Outstanding Orders]

When we upgrade to Confleunce 4.3, these links no longer work. They display with an # and if clicked, does not respond at all.

I have no idea on which pages we have used these links, so it can be fixed. I want to avoid fixing these manually.

1. Can I fix the macro? or
  2. Can I somehow search the pages that contain them?
  3. How can I fix the links?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sanet Minnie December 9, 2012

Our same page links broke due to the {noprint} macro and {samepage} macro.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hello Sanet,

no, I don't know how to fix this.

If I start with a new page in version 4.x I can use the "Table of Content" macro or manually include a link in the form of [#Anchorname] and both still work.

Perhaps your old wiki code was somewhat destroyed by the upgrade. If you want to check the code you could have a look at the html source code or check the code in Edit mode with Firebug or give the Wiki markup toolbar button a try. No guarantee, just some ideas!

If you need to find the pages that contain the links you must find some text fragment that always comes with it. Perhaps you can try something like "The following panels...". Ideally you would simply search for "#" but I am not sure if the search accepts this as a search term.

Sanet Minnie December 2, 2012

Thank you so much for the help. Our "Table of Content" macro also broke. We will check the code with firebug.

I have tried to search for '#' but that does not work, unfortunately.

Again, thank you for this, even one idea from another user is worth a lot!

0 votes
Sanet Minnie November 27, 2012

The only way I can fix it at the moment, is by putting in an anchor - but fixing thousands of pages manually is almost impossible especially as I do not know which pages contains these links :-(

I reinstalled the CustomWare Linking Plugin for Confluence and the License Details. It did not help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events