Is it fair to create another user (or ask your mate!) to vote you for some karma ?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Ok, I understand the need to pop up in searches, and the commercial needs but, check this profile: https://answers.atlassian.com/users/4351/raimonds-simanovskis/reputation/ Ray Simon voted Raimonds Simanovskis .

Damn, I could have the backpack a loong time ago !

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Yes, that was stupid experiment, I'm really sorry for that :( Unfortunately now Answers do not allow to remove these votes - if it won't be possible then will ask support to delete these votes.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

You're forgiven. :)

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Well done for putting your hands up

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Thank you :) Reported issue to Atlassian that it is not possible to cancel your own votes https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-806 - will follow up on this to ensure that it gets fixed.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Yes its not Fair ...... I hope you will accept my answer ;)

BTW the backpack is really cool .

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Damn, they sure look good. There should be "backpackers" badge :-)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

There should be a laptop for 50,000 Karmas .

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

@Mizan You are counting on my vote, aren't you? ;)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

What's that sofa it's on, it reminds me of the old British Rail seats circa 1978. I want one.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Yea nice freebie backup, but for 50K? yikes, should get a golden handshake for commitment!

p.s. Did you know all the old London (UK for you americans) tube trains from the 60's got exported to New Zealand? there are _still_ some running in Wellington today, it looks... familiar.

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Totally bogus, he is killing the systen, hopefully this guy is blocked from using Answers anymore and all his votes deleted.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2012

Yes, I'd say that goes very much against the spirit of the Karma system.

To be fair, Raimonds is doing little more than advertising a plugin, but it's done appropriately - the questions he's promoting it as are all related to reporting, which is what the plugin is for. He keeps the adverts limited to subjects where it might be worth looking at, even if it doesn't quite answer the question (a couple of other people have been known to try to sell their plugins as answers to completely inappropriate problems, which is clearly spam in my mind - that seems to have calmed down over the last six months, as I think more than a few of the power users have simply deleted the worst cases).

But Ray Simon really does look like a fake account created to do nothing more than give Karma to Raimonds, and I don't think that's at all fair.

(p.s. those backpacks are really good, aren't they? My friends and colleagues all want to steal them...)

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

Backpack is cool. I was looking at it and I had a sudden urge to change my laptop :D

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

BTW, thanks Atl ! I just got my awsome backpack !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events