Issue status different in GreenHopper

Cesar Covarrubias November 13, 2012

One of our groups is using a SCRUM board in GreenHopper. While looking at the Sprint Report, we noticed that the issue statuses in GreenHopper are different from what they actually are in JIRA. For example, there is a closed JIRA issue, but it is appearing as "In Progress".

Does anyone know what's going on?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

Hi Caesar,

It could be caused by a few reason, at first I'm suspecting this might be due to the Column mapping in Rapid Board. Could you verify what are the status mapped under the right most column? Could you provide a screenshot of your Column mapping for us to verify?

Furhermore, this might be the case with Indexing problem, thus could you please Re-Index your JIRA instance and see if there is a change in the report?

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Vicky

Cesar Covarrubias November 14, 2012

I've reindexed already and that didn't resolve the issue. In regards to the column mapping, that shouldn't matter as I'm working with a velocity report on a Scrum board. The velocity report shows the actual issue status. That is what is incorrect. The issue is closed but in the velocity report, it is showing as resolved.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Are you sure you're in the velocity report? That report just shows a sum of committed vs completed. Maybe attach a screenshot of your issue in the board and in JIRA view issue.

Thanks,
Shaun

I am positive that I am in the velocity report. I can only attach a partial screen shot due to security policies. This is in the "Issues Not Completed" chart. The issue on the bottom marked "Resolved" is actually closed.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

That's not the Velocity chart, it's the Sprint Report.

The Sprint Report shows the status of the item at the end of the sprint if the sprint is completed.

Thanks,
Shaun

Cesar Covarrubias November 15, 2012

I stand corrected, but my question is why isn't "Resolved" considered completed? Does it have to be closed to be considered completed?

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

The issue needs to be in the last column of the board to be considered completed (i.e. you need to mapped the Resolved state to the last column).

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes

So far no updates. Anybody have any other suggestions?

0 votes

The issue has a "Fixed" resolution.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

Does the closed JIRA issue in your example have a resolution, or is it Unresolved?

0 votes
Cesar Covarrubias November 13, 2012

I thought about that also, but it is not the case as the statuses are tied directly to the issue status in the report.

0 votes
Annicka Rosengren November 13, 2012

Maybee its the mapping, in rapid configuration you map your JIRA statuses to columns in Scrumboard.

Suggest an answer