JIRA 5.2 New Style?

Shamil Nunhuck November 13, 2012

Had a few of my users ask me where the new style is, after I had them read through some docs on the Confluence site.

Is there a new style? Docs seems to show it, but I can't seem to find it in my install.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shamil Nunhuck November 24, 2012

It looks like the new navigation bar is part of the Atlassian UI 5.0, which is not final.

0 votes
Shamil Nunhuck November 24, 2012

It looks like the new navigation bar is part of the Atlassian UI 5.0, which is not final.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2012

The video that was used in 5.2 has the OnDemand navigation bar, which might have caused this confusion. The installed versions of JIRA does not have this new Navigation bar.

0 votes
C L-S November 15, 2012

One of the Confluence 5.0 EAP enhancements, for example, is if you have both Jira and Confluence together to provide a quick switch on the nav bar between them. I have the same question as you - if this is a Confluence enhancement for the quick switch, doesn't it mean that Jira needs to support it too? How would they do that without an upgrade to Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2012

The nav-bar is an OnDemand thing. Atlassian don't release that as it is yet.

0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Guessing they're referring to the new navigation toolbar, isn't that just on ondemand? Hadn't looked too much into that myself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2012

Possibly, but there's not much to work with here!

It's possible that it's available in On Demand only, I don't use On Demand, but it's entirely possible that's what they're referring to.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2012

What do you mean by "style"?

I'll need to go through them, but apparently there's some stuff that they've seen in the standard navigation bar in a few JIRA videos, that aren't in our install (not plugins). I do feel like whacking some people over the head - those who are complaining about the rounded corners.

I'll need to have a more thorough look, but I think that's what some are referring to.

That said, the new features are working for me, so I'm currently telling users to ignore the lack of rounded corners in the navigation bar.

I haven't had a full look over the docs, but a few users are confused by the different navigation stlying.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2012

Um, ok, I'm not sure how to help you then. Yes, some stuff has moved. But what are you asking for?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2012

Yes, I think you need to find out what they're comparing it all to! If we can get to see that, it would probably tell us a lot more.

Rounded corners? pff ;-)

Shamil Nunhuck November 15, 2012

Yep, it is the rounded corners

Suggest an answer