System Admin cannot administer certain spaces

Deleted user November 7, 2012

I have read a few posts here regarding the difference between the "confluence-adminitrators" group and a user having "Conflucne Admin" and "System Admin" rights.

I think I have my system setup correctly as such:

The CalBuildMaster user (my user) is also part of the confluence-administrators group. Based on this I should have full access to the system. However, I created a test space and assigned another user admin rights to the space. They removed my name from the space as an individual user who has access rights and now I cannot get into the space admin for that space.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 8, 2012

Jobin. I figured it out, as it is a bit strange. My user was in the group "confluence-administrators" and with full rigts. However, when I went to my user profile under administer user it did not show the confluence-administrator group. I went back to to groups and searched for my user and tried to re-add it which it did not add. However, after doing this the "confluence-administrators" group showed up under my user profile now.

I have a feeling that since I used my account to setup confluence in the first place and then associated confluence with JIRA for user directories that it got conflused.

I also tested that I can get into the space and I can view personal spaces that are locked down as well.

Thanks for the help.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Awesome....

Sean McElroy April 16, 2015

This same issue happened to me today (April 16, 2015), and your solution is still the right way to fix it. My account for some reason didn't show in the confluence-administrators list on the user page, but did looking at the group directly. I manually added myself to the group, though it said I was already in it, and it took and now I can access the space in question.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Can you verify that the group name is confluence-administrators? No spelling difference? If you go to your profile, what groups do you see? Maybe attach a screenshot of that?

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

If you're indeed a member of the confluence-administrator group then you should still be able to see the space regardless if someone removed your individual permissions (which is not needed for a confluence admin), can you please double check that?

Deleted user November 8, 2012

I confirmed my user is in the Group - confluence-administrator.

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Hello,

You should still be able to view the space by accessing it via URL directly:

You can retrieve the spacekey value in your database (precisely in the SPACES table)

Hope it helps.

Deleted user November 7, 2012

No good. Even hitting the URL directly gives me the same page as if I try to "Manage Permissions"

I'm just worried that someone could reset the admin of the space and then if they leave we are stuck.

Is there something else I am missing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events