Time tracking report based on filter query

Jochen Michlig November 5, 2012

We are using Jira as issue and time tracking system together with the tempo plugin and are having troubles with the time tracking functionality.

Let me explain our setup:

There are several applications which are developed in our department. Each application is configured as project in Jira.

All Applications are working on either separate or common business projects. In order to group by the issues related to a business project we configured a custom field.

It is no big deal to filter the results with the issue navigator. That is all fine. We would like a report similar to the default time tracking report that comes with jira to quickly show the progress / work ration of a set of issues. The problem there is, the time tracking report only lets one select the project, version and sub-issues criteria. Is there a way we can get the same information, with summaries, with a specific set of issues selected by a filter?

Kind regards

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2012

Hi Jochen,

Please try JIRA Timesheet Plugin it allows to track time using filter on your dashbard or witin project report.

Thank you.

0 votes
Nicholas Bourgon February 18, 2015

Andriy Zhdanov: It would be great if you were regrouping the subtask per main task in your module. Like in the time tracking report of jira.

Nicholas

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Hi Nicholas, Using Sum SubTasks option it groups standard sub tasks into parent task. It also supports composition link and custom field (Agile Epic field). Thank you.

Nicholas Bourgon February 19, 2015

Thank you for you quick answer. This is not exactly what I'm looking for. This create a row for each worklog. So for the same sub-task you can have 5 row. You don't have the total for the subtask. I'm looking for the exact time tracking report that jira is providing but with filters. Thank again, Nicholas

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2015

Try switching of 'Show Details' option. But yes, it's not the same, Time Tracking report uses Timespent field, Time Sheet report sums worklogs for the period, but you can add Timespent additional field too. Also, note [Time Reports add-on](https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/timereports) has it exactly, but it's for JIRA Cloud only so far, but should be available for JIRA Server soon too.

Nicholas Bourgon February 19, 2015

Ok thank you. Can't wait to have it available for jira server :-)

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2015
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Time Reports plugin version 1.0 (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/timereports/versions#b1) for JIRA Server is available for installing from Atlassian Marketplace. ATTENTION, it requires Timesheet plugin version 2.8.3 (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin/versions#b977)

Nicholas Bourgon March 13, 2015

Good! I updgrade to 2.8.3 and installed Time Reports plugin but I can't find the new reports. Where are they? I'm on jira 6.3.15. Thank you, Nicholas

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Cool. They should be under Issues - Timesheet - Time Reports menu.

Nicholas Bourgon March 13, 2015

Thank you, When I go there https://myserver/plugins/servlet/timereports I have an empty screen. The report does not show up. In my chrome console I have this error : Uncaught Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module timesheetApp due to: Error: [$injector:nomod] Module 'timesheetApp' is not available! You either misspelled the module name or forgot to load it. If registering a module ensure that you specify the dependencies as the second argument. But both add-on are active. Can you help? Thank you, Nicholas

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Hm, there must be some other error before this. Note, I can't reproduce it with JIRA 6.3.15 and plugins from marketplace.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Suggest an answer