Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start confluence in safe mode or with specific plugins disabled directly from the command line?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

I am looking for a solution that would allow me to start confluence in safe mode (all plugins disabled) or to specify which plugins to be ignored?

I am doing this because I try to do an updrade from 3.5.x production confluence to latest 4.2.x confluence and the upgrade seems to fail due to some plugins.

Also, it would be helpful to know how can I upgrade plugins before upgrading confluence, this seems like a chicken and the egg problem: plugin x is blocking upgrade but there is a newer version of the plugin which is supposed to work with the newer confluence.

3 answers

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Hi Sorin,

Just in addition to Vicky's answer, as you're performing an upgrade you can disable all the plugins that you want to disable in the beginning of the upgrade(Confluence 3.5.x) and so upgrade and just enable again in the latest version (4.2.x), and in this meantime you can check at our https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ and search for the latest versions of your plugins that work with Confluence 4.2.x.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2012

Preparing an upgrade: this means that I have a script that replicates confluence 3.x database which I am trying to upgrade on another machines using Confluence 4.x. As you can imagine I do not have another 3.x instance for test and I do want to have a slipstream upgrade process.

Usually when I found problems on the 4.x-test-instance I do fix them in production and do the upgrade again. Disabling the plugins in production is not an option.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Or this one for Confluence 3.5

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Hi Sorin,

You may want to refer to the following doco:

Disabling or Enabling a plugin

Hope this helps, Vicky.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events