cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "Forgot Paassword" link in Confluence

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Does anyone know how to remove the "Forgot Password" link in Confluence. I can easily do this in JIRA, but I can't find anything to do with Confluence itself.

This question is just for confluence, not crowd, or JIRA or anything else, just a standalone instance of Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2012

You can add the following CSS

#forgot-password {
  display:none;
}

to the Global Stylesheet (Confluence Admin > Stylesheet (under Look and Feel)). This will remove the link from the login window.

Hope this helps!

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

That was easy. Thanks, it is exactly what I needed.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

One more thing. If I want to remove the "Change Password" link under the user profile section, how can I do that? I tried using the same synatx above, only #change-password. It was a guess...naturally it didn't work. Any suggestions?

2 votes
Jared Crawford January 27, 2013

I want to modify the "Change Password" text under the user profile section, how can I do that? Use case: most user passwords are managed via Active Directory. External users who are invited need to be able to change their password. When Active Directory users click Change Password, they get an ugly error message and are confused. We just want to post some short explanatory text next to the Change Password link so that Active Directory users don't try to change their password via Confluence.

Chris Kent
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

I have just spent today doing this for JIRA and Confluence. So for Confluence when a user clicks "Forgot your password?" on the login page, I kindly remind them to use their AD username and password.

To do this edit the file ../confluence/forgotuserpassword.vm and replace the contents with this:

<html>

<head>

<title>$action.getText("title.forgot.pass")</title>

</head>

<body>

<content tag="bodyClass">login forgot-password</content>

<div id="login-container" class="userpassword-section">

<h2>$action.getText("title.forgot.pass")</h2>

#parse ( "/template/includes/actionerrors.vm" )

#if ($action.mailServerConfigured)

#applyDecorator("form-aui")

#decoratorParam("formName" "forgotpasswordform")

#decoratorParam("submitAction" "$req.contextPath/doforgotuserpassword.action")

#decoratorParam("editAction" "$req.contextPath/forgotuserpassword.action")

#decoratorParam("editMode" "true")

#decoratorParam("formStyle" "login-form-container")

<p>You must login with you Windows Username and Password.<br>

<br>

If you still have isues logging in, please contact your Administrators.<br>

<br></p>

<fieldset class="compact-form-fields">

<div class="field-group form-buttons compact-form-buttons">

<a href="${req.contextPath}/login.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-link">Log In</a>

<a href="${req.contextPath}/contactadministrators.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-link">Contact Administrators</a>

</div>

</fieldset>

#end

#else

<p>

$action.getText("forgot.pass.nomailserver", ["$action.globalSettings.siteTitle", "$req.contextPath/contactadministrators.action"])

</p>

<p class="last">

<a href="${req.contextPath}/login.action" class="aui-button aui-style aui-button-primary">$action.getText("login.button")</a>

</p>

#end

</div>

</body>

</html>

Karanpreet Kaur July 11, 2019

Thank you, this worked for me!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events