Global spaces are not shown on dashboard after Upgrade from Confluence 3.5.16 to 4.3.1

Julio Mugabe October 29, 2012

3 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate on more detail in regard to no global space shown detailed. By default, Confluence 4 will only display 20 spaces in the dashboard, while the other are accessible trough Space Directory.

If there are no spaces listed at all, you might want to check if there are any customization done on your dashboard and revert it back to default (backup it first) for troubleshooting purposes.

UPDATE:

Thanks for the screenshot. Looks like it is an indexing issue. For troubleshooting purposes you might want to try to disable all attachment indexing, reindex from scratch again and see if the issue persist.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Hi Septa..

Thanks for the note. I have attached a snapshot of the dashboard. There are about 70 global spaces and non of them is displayed at all. Below are the steps are carried out before I run into this issue:

• Created a duplicate copy(test instance) of production Confluence 3.5 and this worked well with not glitch..all spaces were visible
  • I then upgraded the test instance to 4.3.1 and again it completed successfully BUT the global spaces are not showing.

I also tried re-indexing and it did not help at all. Also there is not customizaton on the dashboard.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Thanks for the screenshot. Looks like it is an indexing issue. For troubleshooting purposes you might want to try to disable all attachment indexing, reindex from scratch again and see if the issue persist.

I tried this a couple of hours ago and it did not work.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Is Confluence integrated with LDAP?

Julio Mugabe October 31, 2012

It is integrated with AD and not ldap.

Julio Mugabe November 2, 2012

Managed to fix this. 4.3.x has a new field called spacestatus in the spaces table. During the upgrade process, a null value is placed in there for each space and thats why the spaces dont display on the dashboard. If u manually update this to current for each space., this issue gets fixed.

0 votes
Edwin Stol January 23, 2013

I am experiencing the same problem; this did not occur moving from 3.5.2 -> 4.3, but it does when moving to 4.3.6. Is this issue fixed in a newer version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events