I used to work primarily in GitHub/BitBucket Issues for our project management. We moved into Jira about 8 months ago, and I like it a lot, but there's still one thing I'm a little confused about.
In GitHub/BitBucket, the nice thing is that we have a public repo where everybody can see what issues are in the backlog, and they can create their own issues to add to that backlog if they want to.
This also allows them to see what work there is to get done, so if they want, they can contribute to the open source project and help us complete the work.
Now that we have all of our stuff moved into Jira, our GitHub/BitBucket repos looks kinda dead. There are no more issues there, no more comments and action going on within our public repo there.
I feel like this was a step backwards in that regard. We're still using GitHub/BitBucket for our projects in general, but I feel like I'm missing out on that public aspect now that it's all hidden behind Jira.
Am I missing something obvious? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!