I made a powerup per this website: https://devpost.com/software/checklist-trello-bot
It is EXACTLY what I need but I can't get it to work. I think the problem is that it says I need to authorize the app but Trello has never asked me to do that. It says that I should be able to go in and edit the settings for the app to configure it with the templates but it's not there anywhere. So basically I'm having problems with steps 3 and 4. Please help! I need to try to get this going by Monday if possible.
@Gabrielle Yoder hey there, I've never used this project, but I have used the project on which they based their work from Little Blue Monkey.
In fact, the same "Pimp Your Trello Cards" script was the inspiration for Trellinator which is an all purpose Trello bot framework written in Google Apps Script.
It has some advantages over the linked power up anyway, but the biggest advantage is that I could get it working for you by tomorrow
So while I can't really help with your original query I can help you achieve the same outcome in what is probably a more robust/reliable fashion so long as you're running G-Suite where we can install the Google Apps Script.
You can see a video of Trellinator in action for a sales/production process that demonstrates basically what you're looking for here:
http://www.trellinator.com/
You can see a "quick start" guide to installing your own Trellinator bot here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
The code to move a card when a checklist is completed and add a template based on list name is basicaly the code I use in the demo video, so once you get the above setup completed I can just give you that code to install and it should all "Just Work(TM)".
I'm also available later today to help you out if there are any stumbling blocks.
For some reason I did NOT receive email notifications for this like I was supposed to this weekend! But I'm reading it now and it looks like it will work. I'm going to try installing this now to see if it will do what I need it to do. I appreciate your help! Thanks!
@Gabrielle Yoder cool, once you get the PoC installed, let me know and I can give you the code that's used in the demo video. You should just be able to copy/paste it into your project and add the function names to the relevant board config sheets in Trellinator and have it "Just Work(TM)" but I can help you out to get it running
@Iain Dooley I got all of this set up and it works great! A trifle complicated for someone who stopped building websites in 2003 but I got it in there just now. I can't remember much javascript but it must be floating in there somewhere.
So what I'm looking to do is have all of the work to be done including all columns pushed through from google sheets to trello and turn each row into a card that has all of the info, etc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IAdw2lyu6kG_UunszVt1PmrMq5-x2lfx1H0zkiVOCzM/edit?usp=sharing
Then each card that gets moved a certain list needs a checklist to pop up on it that can be worked through. It would be awesome that if when that checklist is complete that it automatically pops over to the next list! If not, just that when it goes to the next list it gets a checklist as well.
The last thing that seems actually attainable now is that I need to see how many cards or checklist items are being processed by each person per hour or per day so I can set up a KPI.
I feel like Trello should work for this but automation makes everything awesome. Any help from you I appreciate and I'll watch this page for updates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.