I'm confused why JIRA portfolio is ignoring the priority in my scope table. Here is my issue right now:
- I have 33 Epics planned out for the year, in priority order, with releases assigned to each one. Currently releases are based on Quarters.
- I set a "Target End" for every item
- I will have 5 total teams working on this project
The problem I'm having is Portfolio seems to be completely ignoring my priority for one of my Epics. Out of the 33 Epics, it's currently listed as #3 in the list with a release date of Q1. The amount of work is slightly more than 1 sprint for the team the is working on it based on their calculated velocity. However, no matter what I do, Portfolio continues to schedule this Epic spanning over 6 months, and prioritizes items lower than it to be finished earlier.
How can I enforce the priority scheduling? I don't want to set up hard dependencies since I want to be able to start other features without a dependency needing to be 100% complete. I'm confused why Portfolio isn't scheduling the work for my #3 priority Epic to be finished before the others.
Happy to provide the settings I'm using if that will help.