I've inherited a Bamboo build that runs deploys on a remote agent. When I run it, the build in Bamboo is marked as "successful," but the deploy task is eventually skipped due to a fatal exception - here's a snippet of the logs:
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:33 Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 :cleanPackage UP-TO-DATE
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 :copyFiles
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 diffTarget: SIT
error 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 build.gradle
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 :deploy SKIPPED
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39
build 17-Jan-2019 10:25:39 BUILD SUCCESSFUL
The Bamboo build is setup to check out a repository, then run a task called deploy:

It looks like the issue may be happening when checking out the repository (I am completely new to Gradle, so would be happy to even have this validated/refuted). One other thing to note is that in the build.gradle file, I have Bitbucket creds, but I intentionally switched bewteen invalid credentials and working credentials, and the output was the same - so I'm thinking it's not something specific to this repository itself.
Does anyone have any suggestions/where I should look to troubleshoot? Anything is helpful, even if it's validating that this is likely a Git config issue, and not something else. Let me know if there's any other information I should include - like I said, I'm a total novice with this 