In general, when upgrading from one bamboo revision to another is it sufficient to do the following Proposed Upgrade Steps?
Note: Assume the use of an internal H2 db and install layouts as follows:
CURRENT:
\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.1\bamboo
\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.1\bamboo-home
UPGRADE:
\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.2\bamboo
\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.2\bamboo-home
Proposed Upgrade Steps:
- Full bamboo 6.7.1 backup/export (artifacts etc. etc.)
- Shutdown of 6.7.1 instance and removal of it's (windows) service
- Installation of 6.7.2 instance
- Use of the Custom Configuration during 6.7.2 to import the 6.7.1 backup
- Re-installation & configuration of a new 6.7.2 (windows) service
The existing upgrade documentation seems to prefer to re-use a single (consistent) bamboo-home directory as opposed to cleanly demarcating and switching them (by directory version naming). While there is probably a scale or size point at which the time to import could get prohibitively long, for smaller scale sites I would think that this shouldn't be an issue.
Therefore ....
If I use the Proposed Upgrade Steps, is there anything that I am missing (forgetting) by not re-using the original
\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.1\bamboo-home?
Thank you,
T.S.