I have this option checked in settings, and it used to work, but it doesn't anymore. Stopped working after I deleted my mercurial repository and created a git. Now I always get the bookmarks window showing a single repository.
OK thanks, I understand. Please consider this a feature request: allow the user to override this system-wide setting. I really don't want Preview or Word reopening old docs, but I always use sourcetree on the same projects.
Thanks, Jonathan
Can you give some more details please:
Sure:
1) OS X 10.8.4
2) Yes, deleted Hg repo and created git in same directory. Don't remember what I did with the bookmarks.
I just deleted the bookmark, opened the repository, and it asked to create a bookmark, and I let it. Still doesn't auto-open.
Thx, Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
We changed the way window re-opening works in a recent version as it now abides (correctly) to your OS preferences instead now. If you go into System Preferences and go to the General settings there's a "Close windows when quitting an application" setting. If this is turned on then your windows won't be restored on startup.
The preference in SourceTree was left behind for 10.6 users, however this will now be disabled in the next release of SourceTree for users using 10.7+ as it's no long applicable. We correctly adhere to the system preference instead now.
Hope that helps
I share the same opinion
This is very bad. Please set it back to the way it was. I "hate" that MacOS X tries to open all my windows on restart of a an application, thus I've turned this feature off.
As a consequent SourceTree does not open my Bookmark window anymore. Meaning, every time I open SourceTree I first need to go to "View" and "Show Bookmark" and then click on one of my 30 repositories.
Why the extra clicking? Why change it to Apple's standard? That is/was anyhow one of the worst "features" in MacOS X.
Hi Nitai,
We totally understand and agree with you. A fix for this will be issued and will be released as part of 1.6.3 which should be out soon.
Thanks for giving us the feedback, we really appreciate it.
Cheers
Hi Kieran,
This is very good news. I relay on ST every day. Thanks a lot and thank you for giving us such an awesome tool.
Great!
The update for this will be released in version 1.6.3 this week.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.