I have saw this bug several times during source tree installation. When the Source tree ask me to login with bitbucket and redirects me to the login page in the browser. After login the source tree redirects me to:
http://localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&code=ZPHwBxSEsdNypFJ2Vs
Is it not error. I think the source tree developers have not updated this link while going from development into production.
Thanks
Hi, welcome to the Community!
I've asked the developers about this, and they replied that this is intended. That link is the callback used during OAuth flows, Sourcetree runs a local server to capture the OAuth tokens.
Hope that answers your question!
Ana
But there is no local server running on my system, and the installation cannot proceed. Everytime I click on grant, nothing happens. This is definitely a bug.
I´m in the same situation...
What to do ???
Thanks!!
I seems very paltry that a that such a highly technical team would produce such a naive coding blunder.
Disappointed through out.
I have managed to login uninstalling actual version(SourceTreeSetup-3.1.3) and downloading version 2.1.11.0 (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives). After login just update and that's all.
I am seeing the same issue - redirected to localhost and nothing happens from there.GJ Atlassian - also GJ with ignoring comments and tickets on this - moving on to another GUI.
Look at my "Solution" above this response. It worked for me.
I have followed this approach and It worked.
Thanks Sergio, it did it for me.
I was unable to login through the webpage cookie or whatever which was trying to connect to localhost:34196...big misshap from Sourcetree devs
it works for me too
thank you
Yes issue still exist in version 3.3.8.
I'm facing the same issue. Got a new notebook to set up.
I cannot install Bitbucket at all. I tried several versions (3.3.8, 3.3.6, 2.6.10 and 2.1.11.0) at the latest when updating to a newer version it all ends up in the above mentioned error.
I'm not able to use Bitbucket at the moment what is a very big problem...
I found another question about this topic.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Installation-problem-localhost-34106/qaq-p/984572
ali kamsari mentioned it could be an issue with chrome as default browser. So I changed temporarily my default browser to Edge and it work for me.
Tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge (in that order), then thought perhaps it's not a browser issue so executed netstat -ano | findstr "34106" and there's nothing listening on that port.Hey @Ana Retamal and Atlassian team, *there's nothing listening on that port* so you definitely have a bug.
Perhaps the devs have a different local setup or the production build has a slightly different configuration or something, but whatever component is meant to be listening...isn't.
Steps to reproduce:Download latest version (as of 3 August 2020) of SourceTreeInstallTry to connect account via OAuth
Log extract:ERROR [2020-08-03 14:18:05,154] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to receive callback from OAuth service providerERROR [2020-08-03 14:18:05,185] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to get user secretERROR [2020-08-03 14:18:05,186] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [Log] - Unable to get secret
Edit:Found that even when uninstalling SourceTree, it leaves loads of garbage behind in your AppData folder.Resolution:Uninstall SourcetreeDelete the following folders: C:\Users\{your username here}\AppData\Local\Atlassian C:\Users\{your username here}\AppData\Local\SourceTree C:\Users\{your username here}\AppData\Local\SquirrelTempReboot (unsure if this helped or not but I rebooted so adding the step)Reinstall SourceTree
Conclusion:Atlassian needs to clean up their uninstall process.This is likely a scenario that new users won't experience, but more specific to existing users upgrading to newer versions of SourceTree as was my case.
I've just lost a day trying to fix this. Oauth is redirecting to an empty localhost page and then nothing happens in source tree.
And for no apparent reason, it starts working again. I don't even get the satisfaction of knowing what I did to fix it.
For me the Error is:
This site can’t provide a secure connectionERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
My Solution:
1. Open an incognito Window2. Change HTTPS to HTTP3. Refresh page and I'm authenticated
I'm on SourceTree version 3.3.8
For folks who can't get it to work in any browser - I finally managed to get in by using curl in a Git bash session (curl at windows command prompt still didn't work for some reason, but could be my particular environment):
1. open bash session
2. run curl against your localhost url, replacing https with http, i.e.:
$ curl -v "http://localhost:PORT/?code=CODE&state=authenticated"
FWIW:
* SourceTree (windows): 3.4.9
* curl (windows): 7.83.1
* curl (git bash): 7.73.0
We are having same problem, it redirects to the localhost URL and do nothing. We are using the SourceTreeSetup-3.4.18.exe of the Source Tree. Appreciate if someone could share how to solve this isuse?
Any solution ?
Doesn't works for me...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.