External diff stopped working recently for me. I have beyond compare selected in source tree options, I've tried multiple, win merge, ... no difference. I have "allow source tree to modify global git config" checked.
But I never see the .gitconfig file updated. I've manually added diff tools to it and it works from command line.
[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = 'C:\\Program Files\\Beyond Compare 4\\BCompare.exe' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
I can see beyond compare making the call
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks d
ifftool -y --tool=sourcetree raptor_kubedbg.xml |
I can manually run this and it works. But when running from within sourcetree the process log shows
Unknown merge tool sourcetree
fatal: external diff died, stopping at rcs.raptor.player/Properties/launchSettings.json
I feel like the root of the issue is sourcetree is not writing to the global git config correctly, is it supposed to?
Any suggestions? Running sourcetree version 3.0.17 beta 2660, was running 3.0.12 I think before this.