I'm setting up Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Hipchat on a dedicated server for evaluation purposes. I want to use Crowd to enable SSO and streamline the registration/login/user management experience
The "Integrating Crowd with Jira/Confluence/Bamboo/etc" support posts seem to suggest creating a new user directory for each application to be integrated. However in my usage case I don't know if that is necessary.
Basically, if I want to ensure that a user only needs to register once, and then has access to Jira, Confluence, etc on my domain, would it be fine to use a single directory for all of my applications? Would that break anything?
If I were to follow the instructions as they are now, and create a dedicated Crowd directory for each application, does that mean that a given user would need to create an account for each application independently? (ie. in my case a new user has to fill out their Name/email/password 4 times instead of just once).
As a side note, Is it possible to integrate Hip-Chat with Crowd? It's not listed in the "Adding an Application" section.