Is there a way to copy code from a crucible code review? If you highlight lines of code then it takes you to a comment window. I can then select "quote source" and copy from there. I was just wondering if there is anything more elegant. Is it possible to download a file from the code review so that I can open it in a text editor? That's another way people could copy and paste code I guess.
Yes. One of the hidden features of crucible is that you can alt+select text to copy and paste it. The comment box won't show when you alt+select it.
Good answer with just one hitch -- it also copies and pastes the line numbers which isn't good if you're trying to run a snippet of pasted code.
you can hide the line numbers by going to the prefs menu in the toolbar above the source, and uncheck the 'Line numbers' option.
I have version 3.1.3. The "Line Numbers" option does not appear in that toolbar. I only have:
I have developed a custom style for a browser extension Stylish that allows to apply custom CSS styles to sites by url pattern. Custom style hides service table cells, including line numbers, and allows to copy from fisheye code blocks without formatting issues. You can find it at https://userstyles.org/styles/156826/fisheye-no-formatting, just change the url patter to your domain.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.