There is a "Refresh Avatars" option in the bookmarks window. I assume that would pull avatars from somewhere, like perhaps GitLab (which has project avatars). How exactly does Sourcetree determine those avatars, and can I customize them?
Hi Garrett,
They are pulled from a remote service if it supports them. In the case of GitLab, we are looking for the "avatar_url" that's returned. If an icon isn't found in the cache, and doesn't return from the server, Sourcetree then looks for an in-repo icon that matches the following:
Hope that helps.
Brian GanningerSenior Mac Developer, Sourcetree
Has this feature been abandoned or does it work only in mac os? I'm placing a logo.png icon in the root folder of a repo (haven't committed it though) and sourcetree doesn't employ it as an avatar. What gives?
It's not currently supported by Windows but we do have it on the list.
Hi @bgannin
My profile image from GitLab shows up correctly in the Preferences | Accounts list, but anywhere else in Sourcetree a generic geometric shape is displayed.
Any idea why?
macOS 10.14.5Sourcetree 3.1.2 (216)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.