Patience, please - I'm fairly new to Agile framework, pretty comfortable in Jira Cloud and definitely new to Portfolio. I'm setting up our enterprise-wide portfolio. Only requirements I was given is to create a view of all the work in the company and be able to plan capacity to the individual level. We hired a coach to help us refine our Scrum practices and he helped me set up Portfolio with Initiatives - tactics - epics and imported epics/tasks from one project. I'm now trying to set a structure that will work for years in the future. Our Steering Committee wants a Strategic Initiative view separate from an Operational view. My question is: is it better to have one plan for the entire enterprise (a global view) and all projects and resources in in that plan, or separate our strategic vs operational (business projects, infrastructure, Kanban board work for tasks not large enough to be a stand-alone "project")? I'm assuming I can separately report on the strategic initiatives by filtering reports, but it seems to me that one plan only would be overwhelming in size.
I realize I may not be using the correct terminology, but I'm looking for some guidance here on the overall set-up. TIA.