I can sign into my Bitbucket account I can see the remote repositories through Sourcetree but I receive this error both when trying to push or pull a repository. One of my coworkers is having no problem with either.
HiIs it possible you are behind a proxy which is allowing web requests through, e.g. REST calls to list remote repositories, but not the git push/pull requests?Do the git commands work from the command line?
No we do not use a proxy here. When I try to clone a repository I receive the following error:
Command: perl.exe C:\Users\dhakken\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-3.0.8\tools\svn.pl info https://dhakken@bitbucket.org/cornellcollege/students_seniors_seniors-checklistOutput:Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false ls-remote https://dhakken@bitbucket.org/cornellcollege/students_seniors_seniors-checklistOutput:Error: remote: Invalid username or passwordfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://dhakken@bitbucket.org/cornellcollege/students_seniors_seniors-checklist/'
Command: hg identify extensions.hgext.hgsubversion=! https://dhakken@bitbucket.org/cornellcollege/students_seniors_seniors-checklistOutput:Error: abort: http error, possibly caused by proxy setting
Now this error indicates that the username or password is invalid but it is the correct user name and password, again I'm still hopeful but perplexed.
Do you get prompted for any credentials? Also is it a Mercurial or Git repository?
Unfortunately no. just error messages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.