We have a self-hosted JIRA installation, which uses our Active Directory server to authenticate users.
We'd like to set up Fisheye to integrate with it, but have a somewhat unique situation. Our Subversion committer names don't match the AD usernames. Instead, users have a separate field ("uid") in their AD records, which contains their Subversion committer name.
We could configure Fisheye's Active Directory integration to use "uid" as the username field, so you'd log in with that. But then would JIRA-Fisheye integration still work?
Or we could configure Fisheye using the same username field as JIRA, but set up username mapping. But it seems like you need to set this up manually for each user and repository, which I'd rather not maintain.
What's the best way to set this up?
UPDATE: Does it even matter if they have different usernames? I've tried it, and I don't see any places where it causes problems. It seems like it uses OAuth tokens to link the two, rather than common usernames. Am I missing something?